Assistant Fleet Underwriter
Office Location: Adlington
We are looking for a trainee fleet Underwriting to join the Underwriting team. The role is to assist in writing and growing a profitable book of fleet business working alongside the fleet Underwriting Team and supporting the Fleet Manager.
- Underwrite, accept and issue risks and documentation in accordance with the various delegated authorities operated by the group.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with existing brokers and help develop new ones, including visiting such brokers in an underwriting audit and training capacity and liaising with other development staff and management as necessary.
- Identify areas for a new product development or changes to existing portfolios which will improve competitiveness and profitability working alongside Fleet Manager.
- Keep up-to-date with market changes, new legislation and any other matter which may affect our operations.
- Ensure binding authorities are not exceeded and are properly used, including undertaking broker audits.
- Provide the level of service required by insurers, brokers and the company.
Essential skills for the role are; positive and flexible attitude with a ‘can do’ approach to work and solving problems, a critical eye with the ability to see risks and assess those that present profitable opportunities and those that present undue risk.
Desirable skills for the role are; able to influence and communicate skills to build up a rapport with customers internally and externally and the ability to sell and negotiate and a good working knowledge of excel.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV to [email protected]