Bollington has been delivering a highly successful Risk Management service since 2008, helping its clients to stay compliant with legislation, build safety plans and protect them from the possibility of prosecution.
We are now offering a new training programme, designed to help companies and their employees understand and manage the risks they face on a daily basis.
Why choose the Managing Safely course?
The Managing Safely course is an Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) accredited training course. IOSH is the chartered body for health and safety professionals and is known as the largest professional health and safety organisation in the world. The Managing Safely course is a nationally recognised and respected certificated training course designed for managers and supervisors.
This course is suitable for businesses of all sizes. Your business may not be large enough to warrant full consultancy, but it still needs to ensure that it has individuals who know about health and safety generally. Or you might own a larger business operating across multiple sites or areas, and need to train senior individuals in those places about the best practices and principles of health and safety.
You will potentially save your business a lot of money in the long term by having effective health and safety and environmental controls in place, preventing incidents and accidents by proper assessment of the risks involved.
What is the course itinerary?
The course takes part over four days and is designed to give delegates all the basic skills required to tackle health and safety issues and risks in your business.
The course is split into the following general sections:
- Introducing Managing Safely
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Identifying hazards
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Measuring performance
- Protecting your environment
Following these modules, there is a multi-format assessment lasting one hour, successful completion of which will lead to the issue of an IOSH Managing Safely certificate.
What is the Working Safely course?
Bollington’s Risk Management team is pleased to advise that we now offer IOSH Working Safely training, in addition to our highly successful IOSH Managing Safely course.
IOSH Working Safely is a one-day course that focuses on all of the practical elements of Health and Safety in the Workplace, giving your employees the skills they need to implement good practice at all times.
- IOSH Working safely meets the government’s guidelines for introductory Health and Safety training and is a 100 per cent match to the Health and Safety Executive’s ‘passport’ syllabus
- Nationally recognised and respected certificated training for any sector
- Peace of mind offered by training that’s designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for Health and Safety (often recommended by Enforcing Authorities)
- Minimum disruption to working days and shifts – the one-day programme includes the assessment, so there’s no need to free up further time for a test after the course
- Two key areas – health and safety and environmental basics – are covered in a single self-contained session.
Why come to Bollington Risk Management for your training needs?
Bollington is proud to be an approved IOSH training provider.
We are experts in Risk Management, advising a large and diverse range of clients who work in many different industries. Bollington are not just a training and accreditation company: we have front-line, hands-on knowledge of the day-to-day risks and issues that affect your business.
Bollington’s experienced trainer, Steve Powell, has over 15 years of risk management and health and safety experience, providing advice and guidance to industries as diverse as nuclear, high street shops, voluntary organisations and the care sector, to mention but a few. Whatever your business, chances are Steve has been there, seen the risks and will unequivocally give you the training needed to manage and work safely.
If you want courses that offer genuine value, keep you interested at all times and have you thinking carefully about ways you can improve health and safety in the workplace and prevent issues in the future, then you need to come to us!
- You can hire Bollington Risk Management to undertake training exclusively for your company. For example, a number of large multi-site recovery operators are already using Bollington’s expert tuition to train their employees.
To register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01625 348030, or use the contact form below to provide us with your details.