Working Hours: Monday – Friday 9 -17.30
Location: Clipper House, Sale or Adlington Court, Macclesfield
Bollington Insurance, part of the Bollington Wilson Group is seeking a highly motivated Business Analyst to work from our office in Sale with the need to travel to our office in Macclesfield. Your role will primarily see you responsible for Financial and Business Analysis and reporting to support the decision-making process.
What will you be doing?
• Oversee and manage all financial modelling, including ongoing maintenance, identifying opportunities of improvement, etc.
• Provide analytical support to enhance decision making and enable profitable growth
• Act as the subject matter expert, sharing knowledge of financial modelling and forecasting, data preparation, investigating and solving complex problems, championing data quality, etc.
• Develop an understanding of the portfolio and potential impacts from strategy changes, providing recommendations
• Complete financial analysis of Personal Lines business to support decision-making and identify opportunities for increased profitability and efficiencies.
• Supporting the Operations through analysis, scrutiny and active participation in various levels Operational meetings.
• Driving improvements to the existing business and pricing models throughout the Personal Lines business
• Designing, developing and maintaining automated models, utilising MS Excel VBA (or other appropriate software), to ensure the efficient and accurate production of financial reports.
• Contributing to Forecasting, Budgeting and Revision of budgets to incorporate actual results.
• Project work as required.
Who are we?
Part of the renowned Bollington Wilson Group, Bollington Insurance have been at the forefront of the Commercial Insurance sector since 1973. We pride ourselves in being one of the UK’s leading insurance groups, putting our customers at the heart of our business.
Bollington Insurance is based in Adlington, Macclesfield and Sale, Manchester in two Impressive offices, full of our friendly, enthusiastic specialist insurance people. We’re also proud of our community engagement work, and sponsorships that include Sale Sharks and Macclesfield Town FC.
Thanks to the amazing efforts of our team, we’re really thrilled to have recently been awarded a 5-star Feefo Gold Service Award. We’re on the lookout for more amazing people, who can help us grow and continue to do what we do best. Is this you?
What do we need from you?
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• The application of excellent spreadsheet modelling skills, to enable production of clear and accurate reports in an efficient manner.
• Strong background both professionally and academically within statistics / mathematics / data
• Experience of complex data analysis
• Good technical skills with Excel, SAS, SQL and similar statistical packages
• Strong understanding and experience in statistical and financial modelling – knowledge of techniques such as logistical regression, cluster analysis and propensity modelling
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, a logical and curious mind
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to successfully manipulate high volumes of data.
• Capable of presenting analytical reviews.
• Development of key Financial Reports & Analysis and improvements to financial reporting.
• Exposure to Senior Management supporting decision making
• Knowledge of current accounting standards and principles.
• The design and creation of complex and robust automated MS Excel models.
• The preparation and analysis of financial statements.
• Ideally we are seeking a candidate who has experience within Financial Analysis and is either qualified or part qualified (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or alternatively you will have a strong academic background (ideally bachelor’s degree)
And in return…
We can offer you a competitive benefits package including 24 days annual leave including bank holidays (rising incrementally with length of employment), a generous contributory pension scheme, structured training and development programmes, Cycle-to-work scheme, access to our social room which includes a TV, pool table, table football and PS4. We also offer fee tea coffee & fresh fruit.
If you are interested in working for a company who is passionate about their customers and their colleagues then please apply today.