Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week Mon – Fri
Location: Adlington Court, Macclesfield
Bollington Underwriting are looking for an experienced and successful Business Development Manager to join our Wholesale Underwriting Department. The role will involve increasing and developing new sales and renewal retention of our portfolio of wholesale products via our panel of sub brokers. Achieving targets set in respect of GWP, Commission Income and Volume of sub brokers and managing the relationship of our existing sub brokers, whilst developing new sub broker accounts.
What will you be doing?
• Field based role developing and servicing existing broker connections
• Identifying new broker opportunities to wholesale our portfolio of products
• Identifying opportunities for block transfers of business
• Building and maintaining excellent working relationships with brokers and identify/resolve any issues
• Providing monthly activity reports for discussion and review
• Achieving set targets
• Keeping up to date with market changes, new legislation and any other matter which may affect the wholesale operation
• Identifying areas for new product development or changes to existing portfolios for improved competitiveness and profitability
Who are we?
Bollington Insurance have been at the forefront of the Commercial Insurance sector since 1973. We pride ourselves in being one of the UK’s leading insurance groups, putting our customers at the heart of our business.
Bollington Insurance have two impressive offices based in Adlington, Macclesfield and Sale, Manchester, brimming with friendly, enthusiastic specialist insurance people. We’re also proud of our community engagement work, and sponsorships that include Sale Sharks and Macclesfield Town FC.
Thanks to the amazing efforts of our team, we’re really thrilled to have recently been awarded a 5-star Feefo Gold Service Award. We’re on the lookout for more amazing people, who can help us grow and continue to do what we do best. Is this you?
What do we need from you?
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Proven track record of delivery in a business development role within the general insurance industry
• Knowledge of commercial and personal lines insurance products, especially in motor
• Strong sales and customer service experience
• Sound general insurance market knowledge and experience of the broker / wholesale marketplace
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Professional Qualifications, such as Cert CII to ACII is desirable
• A commitment to providing a first-class service to clients and customers
And in return…
We can offer you a competitive benefits package including 32 days annual leave including bank holidays (rising incrementally with length of employment), a generous contributory pension scheme, structured training and development programmes including CII qualification opportunities as we believe in investing in our people, Cycle-to-work scheme, access to our social room which includes a TV, pool table, table football and PS4. We also offer free tea, coffee & fresh fruit all day.
If you are interested in working for a company who is passionate about their customers and their staff then please apply today.