Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week Mon – Fri
Location: Adlington Court, Macclesfield
Bollington Insurance are looking for an experienced and successful Insurance Team Manager to join our Commercial Department. The role will involve advising clients on the most appropriate solutions for their Commercial/Motortrade Combined/SME/Personal Lines insurance. Negotiating with insurers in order to achieve a satisfactory outcome on behalf of the client. Managing a team of Account Handlers within the Commercial Division and ensuring the development and growth of the department with training, support, marketing strategies and reports to meet the sales/renewal targets set.
What will you be doing?
• Lead and motivate all team members to make best use of staff resources throughout the department; resolve any issues including complaints handling and troubleshooting.
• Conduct appraisals in line with the Group strategy on Performance Management and provide regular feedback to promote team work and to effectively manage staff personal development and competence.
• Take responsibility for achieving team targets, both financial and non-financial whilst ensuring all services are running at optimum levels at all times within the scope of the team.
• Regularly record, review and monitor all staff absence, conduct and performance. Include all evidence/findings in the monthly HRMI report. Regularly update the Divisional Director with departmental progress.
• Maintain all internal processes and procedures in line with FCA compliance requirements, keep the Compliance Manager up to date.
• Assist in the creation and implementation of divisional procedures (including quality control), and documentation.
• Monitor, negotiate and process new business, renewal and mid-term adjustments as required. Process all enquires via post, fax, email, telephone
• Liaise with clients & insurers regarding day-to-day handling of policies, providing a backup service to the Account Managers
• Represent the company in direct meetings with clients & insurers. Provide client visits when required
• Conduct insurance surveys to aid risk transfer information to insurers and assist clients in risk management
Who are we?
Bollington Insurance have been at the forefront of the Commercial Insurance sector since 1973. We pride ourselves in being one of the UK’s leading insurance groups, putting our customers at the heart of our business.
Bollington Insurance have two impressive offices based in Adlington, Macclesfield and Sale, Manchester, brimming with friendly, enthusiastic specialist insurance people. We’re also proud of our community engagement work, and sponsorships that include Sale Sharks and Macclesfield Town FC.
Thanks to the amazing efforts of our team, we’re really thrilled to have recently been awarded a 5-star Feefo Gold Service Award. We’re on the lookout for more amazing people, who can help us grow and continue to do what we do best. Is this you?
What do we need from you?
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Experience in a technical commercial insurance environment as a Team or Department Manager.
• Sales and customer service experience
• Excellent leadership, people management and management experience
• Strong technical skills across commercial insurance products
• Personnel and office procedures i.e. complaints, training and development, experience
• An inspiring and positive outlook
• Professional Qualifications, such as Cert CII to ACII is desirable
• A commitment to providing a first-class service to clients and customers
And in return…
We can offer you a competitive benefits package including 32 days annual leave including bank holidays (rising incrementally with length of employment), a generous contributory pension scheme, structured training and development programmes including CII qualification opportunities as we believe in investing in our people, Cycle-to-work scheme, access to our social room which includes a TV, pool table, table football and PS4. We also offer free tea, coffee & fresh fruit all day.
If you are interested in working for a company who is passionate about their customers and their staff then please apply today.