What is Group Income Protection?
Group Income Protection is insurance that covers employees if they are unable to work due to illness or injury.
Employers can take out cover for selected individuals or for all their employees, with different levels of cover available to meet your needs and budget.
This type of insurance not only delivers financial compensation, it also offers rehabilitation, allowing employees to regain their fitness to work and reconnect with your business.
Through the support on offer, Group Income Protection reduces long-term sick pay for your business, and shows that you value your employees by investing in their health and wellbeing.
How does Group Income Protection work?
Each employee covered by a Group Income Protection policy receives a set monthly income if they are off sick, with up to 80% of their salary covered after a deferred period (subject to insurer).
This cover is designed to help those affected by illness to return to work, rehabilitating them and offering financial, emotional and physical support in the process.
What are the benefits of Group Income Protection Insurance?
Long-term illness can have a devastating impact on both the individuals concerned and your business.
Group Income Protection helps to mitigate against these circumstances, by offering the following benefits:
- Create a healthy workforce – Placing employee wellbeing at the heart of your company culture shows staff that you care, which can lead to greater productivity and better outcomes for everybody.
- Financial help – When employees are struggling with their health, the last thing they want to worry about is how they will be able to pay their bills and survive financially. Group Income Protection provides the help they need when they need it most, helping them get back to work and earn a regular income as soon as they can.
- Reduces the amount of long-term illness in your business – It’s not just about being reactive to cases. Insurers will intervene early to actively manage issues, and help employees return to work at the earliest opportunity.
- Tax efficient – Insurance premiums are often classified as an allowable business expense under UK tax laws.
- Dedicated help and assistance – Leading insurers offer specialist physical and emotional support through qualified professionals, giving employees the best possible help and assistance in difficult times.
We can help to place cover with leading insurers, to offer you and your employees peace-of-mind, reducing stress at a difficult time for everybody.
Why choose Bollington for Group Income Protection Insurance?
Group Income Protection is a complex product, with different underwriting criteria between insurers, so comparing cover isn’t easy.
Because Bollington has access to a range of insurers and experience in dealing with companies of all sizes, we make getting the cover you need simple. We find the right insurer to meet the needs of your business, offering flexible cover to suit your budget.
We provide access to a full range of quality Group Income Protection providers, including Aviva, AXA PPP, Bupa, Vitality and more.
Furthermore, we can tie your Group Income Protection Insurance into a wider Employee Benefits Package, with options for additional cover including Group Life Cover, Private Medical Insurance, Dental Plans, Healthcare Cash Plans and more.
Simply call us on 0161 929 1851 for a conversation about how we can help you to create the best, most tax-efficient Group Income Protection Insurance cover for your business.