What is Service and Repair Garage insurance?
In the world of the internet, everyone in the business is now aware of how much time their customers spend online. It’s no different for people in Service and Repair Garages. Shopping around online for the best deal on insurance is commonplace nowadays. Bollington are experts within the motor trade field, and service and repair garages are no exception.
Your customers can be varied, some come for an MOT, some come just for a service. You need to ensure you have the right level of cover to provide the best possible service to your customers.
A few helpful tips from Bollington Insurance:
Starting out checklist:
- You need premises with motor trade planning permission.
- Register with the council to ensure they’re aware of who you are.
- Get the shop area fitted to industry standards
- Public liability cover as you’ll have people on premises
- Motor trade insurance
- Employers liability insurance if you’re employing someone to help.
- Regulations for health and safety, risk assessment and manual handling etc.
- Correct storage and disposal regulations are met
- Market yourself!
If you’ve been running for years and you’re just looking for a renewal quote, ensure that you’re on top of the latest laws and regulation changes. Changes are to be made as of May 2017 to the MOT as part of the revised roadworthiness directive. New technology is being developed to detect DPF removal as many claims have been made that the current MOT is failing to identify cases where a visual inspection is made, as it can then be welded back together.
It’s now an offense under the road vehicles regulations to use a vehicle which has been modified in such a way that it no longer complies with the air pollutant emissions standards it was designed to meet.
Potential penalties are £1000 for a car and £2500 for a van. The good news is that the legislation makes the owner or user of the vehicle responsible for its condition.
Why Bollington could help you:
With over forty years experience in the Motor Trade industry, we are well placed to find you a great deal on your Commercial Vehicle Repairers Insurance. We can offer flexible terms and competitive premiums for Commercial Vehicle Repairer Insurance and our policies include:
- Open driving policy – cover for any employee acting under a director’s instruction
- Social use for any permanent employee outside working hours
- No upper value limit on customer vehicles
- FREE bespoke survey to ensure you get the cover you need
Why Choose Bollington Motortrade?
- We already insure many other CV repairers so understand the risks you face
- Over 40 years in the Motor Trade industry
- Competitive premiums and instant cover available
- Account managed service with a dedicated point of contact
- Bollington Motortrade is on the elite panel of brokers for top Insurance companies
For a competitive quotation, use our quote form or please call us on 01625 854443.