What is breakdown and recovery insurance?
Recovery operator insurance – sometimes known as breakdown and recovery agent insurance – provides cover for you to recover or repair vehicles at the roadside. You can insure a single recovery truck or van, or a fleet of recovery vehicles. Recovery operator insurance can also include cover for business premises and liabilities.
What does our breakdown and recovery operator insurance cover?
With a recovery operator insurance policy, you can get cover for:
- Single recovery trucks/vans
- Fleets of recovery vehicles
- Transportation of customer vehicles
- Public liability (cover up to £10m)
- Employers’ liability (cover up to £10m)
- Business premises and contents
- Tools in transit
- Events and exhibitions
- Business interruption cover
We use our experience and knowledge of the industry to find the right policy for you at the most competitive price. Speak to us to get the best deal for your breakdown and recovery operator insurance.
There are three different levels of protection for your vehicle: third-party only, third-party fire and theft, and comprehensive insurance.
Who is covered by breakdown and recovery operator insurance?
Anybody who works in the vehicle recovery industry can get breakdown and recovery operator insurance for their vehicle. We recommend recovery operator fleet cover for three or more recovery vehicles.
Insurance for single recovery vehicles
If you work part-time with a single recovery van or truck, we offer road risks-only cover. This is the basic level of insurance and provides third-party, third-party fire and theft, or comprehensive protection for your vehicle. If you run a motor trade business and have individual recovery vehicles, you can add these to your motor trade road risks policy. Just let us know so we can make sure you have the cover you need.
Insurance for specialist recovery operators
For larger local, regional or national recovery operators, we offer a full range of solutions to protect your vehicles, business premises, contents, employees and other liabilities.
How much does breakdown and recovery operator insurance cost?
The cost of recovery insurance varies considerably depending on several factors, including:
- The type of recovery business you run.
- The size of your recovery business.
- The location of your recovery business/where you operate.
- The number of recovery vehicles you wish to insure.
- The number of staff you employ.
Please contact us on 01625 854458 for a single vehicle quote. Alternatively, call 0161 929 1851 if you have a fleet of vehicles in your recovery business.
Am I eligible for breakdown and recovery operators’ insurance?
If you work at the roadside to assist with breakdowns or recovery of vehicles, then this is the right insurance to meet your needs. If you own a single recovery truck as part of your motor trade business (e.g. service and repair of vehicles), then you could cover it as part of your motor trade insurance policy instead.
Why choose Bollington?
We offer you:
- Insurance for recovery vehicles of all types and sizes.
- Specialist knowledge of the recovery sector.
- An award-winning service.
- A dedicated point of contact, including an account manager for larger recovery operators.
We are also:
- Proud supporters of the Slow Down or Move Over campaign, encouraging better safety standards and public awareness of recovery operators across the UK.
- Proud partners and appointed insurance broker of several recovery operator organisations, including:
- Road Rescue Recovery Association (RRRA).
- AXA Assistance.
- Nationwide Vehicle Assistance.
Whether you have a single recovery truck or a large fleet of recovery vehicles, we’ve got you covered!
Don’t just take our word for it
See what our clients and partners have to say about working with Bollington.
Get a Quote
Single Recovery Vehicles
If you would like to insure a single recovery vehicle on a road risks policy, call us on 01625 854458 for a quick quote.
Recovery Fleets and Business Premises
For larger recovery operators with multiple vehicles and premises, we will search our panel of insurers to provide a tailored quotation.
Call us on 0161 929 1851 for a quote from our specialist account management team.
Benefits of breakdown and recovery insurance with Bollington
When it comes to breakdown and recovery agents insurance, we offer:
- Access to exclusive policies not available elsewhere
- Road risk only cover – for recovery operators working from home
- Combined cover – for business premises and contents
- Cover for specialist recovery vehicles
- Cover for tools, including those carried in your vehicle
- Public liability and employers’ liability, with up to £10m cover
- Flexible payment options
For larger recovery operators, we offer:
- Retrospective premium rebates to reward good claims records
- Exhibition cover as standard
- Business interruption cover
- A range of commercial combined covers to suit your needs