What is body shop insurance?
Vehicle body repairers carry out a specialist job. From SMART repairers working on minor paintwork damage at customer premises through to full body crash repairs, it’s vital to have the right insurance for your work. You cannot operate your business legally without insurance.
Body shop insurance is specially designed to cover the risks faced by your business. From driving customer vehicles to covering your tools and workmanship, body shop insurance offers the covers you need.
What does body repair insurance cover?
Body repair insurance covers the tools, machinery and equipment you use on the job. This can include panel beating, welding, spray booths, paint ovens, vehicle detailing, or any other body repair work.
You can also cover your:
- Road risks – allowing you to drive customer vehicles you are working on. Select from third-party, third-party fire and theft, or comprehensive cover.
- Business premises – including material damage to buildings and contents.
- Employers’ liability – a legal requirement, covering alleged injury claims made by employees. Covers legal defence costs and pay-outs for successful claims.
- Public liability – covering injury claims from members of the public on your premises.
- Sales and service indemnity – covering claims made due to incorrect fitment of parts, or defective parts fitted.
- Engineering inspection – providing qualified assessment of workplace equipment including lifting tables, ramps, spray booths etc.
- Business interruption – cover in case your business premises are inaccessible, e.g. due to fire or flood.
Who needs body shop insurance?
Any motor trade business involved in repairing vehicle bodywork needs body shop insurance.
- Body shops
- SMART vehicle repairs
- Vehicle restoration
- Vehicle customisation
- Vehicle modifications
- Classic car maintenance and restoration
- Accident damage repair
Performing repairs to bodywork requires cover for your specialist tools and equipment. Even if this is a part of your service and repair business, body repair insurance provides the cover you need.
Whatever your body repair business, speak to us to make sure you get the right cover for your needs.
How much does auto repair insurance cost?
The cost of auto repair insurance starts at the equivalent of £8.73 a week* for road risks cover only. However, due to the range of covers available, we recommend speaking to our friendly mototeam to get an accurate quote to cover your business.
Things that can affect the cost of cover include:
- The value of tools, equipment and machinery on your premises.
- The claims history of your business.
- Your business location.
- Driving experience and history of employees.
- The value and number of vehicles you work with.
- The type of business you run.
- The value of tools, equipment and machinery to be covered.
- Security of your business premises.
This is by no means a full list. If you need help and advice, consult with Bollington’s expert team.
*correct as of April 2021
Benefits of body shop insurance
- Get cover for equipment including lifting tables, ramps, compressors, paint booths, spray guns and more.
- Cover for damage to business premises including fire,
- Road risks cover for driving customer vehicles under your care, custody and control.
- Include multiple drivers under one policy.
- Cover for vehicle modifications, dent removal, paintwork, body part replacement, fitment of tyres and more.
- All types of vehicle can be catered for under your policy.
- Mobile repairs covered.
- Employers’ liability and public liability included.
- Traders combined options available, including money cover, loss of MOT licence, and demonstration cover.
- Directors’ and officers’ insurance, to protect against claims made against individual business owners or senior managers.
- Finance options (subject to acceptance).
- 24/7 claims service, working around the clock on your behalf to resolve claims quickly.
Why choose Bollington?
- Over 45 years in the Motor Trade industry
- Competitive premiums and instant cover available
- Award-winning service
- Advice from our experts on the best cover for you
- Exclusive policies available
- A wide range of insurers and competitive prices
- Road risks cover – for all motor trade businesses
- Traders combined cover – for premises and contents
- Flexible payment options