Our best prices available over the phone

Opening Hours

Motor Trade Road Risks, Commercial Vehicle
Monday-Friday: 8:30am-6:30pm
Saturday: 9am-1pm

Taxi Insurance
Monday-Friday: 9am-5:30pm
Saturday: 9am-1pm

Motor Trade Combined, Personal Lines, Business
Monday-Friday: 8:30am-5:30pm

Commercial Lines, Care & Charity Insurance, Risk Management
Monday-Friday: 9am-5:30pm

Contact Us Details

Please select the department you would like to contact for their details:


Apologies, we are currently experiencing a temporary connection problem with our phone lines at our Altrincham office. Please call 01625 854300 if you require assistance.















23rd December

24th December

25th December

26th December

27th December

28th December

29th December

30th December

31st December

1st January

2nd January

3rd January

Opening Hours












Return to normal working hours

Holiday home insurance

Whether you have your own holiday home or rent it as a holiday let, you’ll need the right level of insurance to protect your property.

Holiday homes provide a great source of income, if you let out your property. Whether you do this directly, use a managing agent like Sykes, or make use of Airbnb, holiday lets can be a reliable way of raising additional funds.

Whatever you do with your holiday home, Bollington can provide the insurance cover you need.

What is holiday home insurance?

Holiday home or holiday let insurance covers your property for any damage or accidents from paying or non-paying guests, as well as periods of vacancy, when the property is empty.

Bollington offers insurance that you can rely on for your holiday home – whether you use it for personal use only or let it out to holidaymakers.

What does holiday home insurance cover?

We can offer cover for:

  • Accidental damage to buildings and/or contents, including outbuildings, terraces, swimming pools, and hot tubs
  • Appropriate cover for renting your property
  • Theft cover when your property is unoccupied
  • Loss of rent due to insured perils
  • Trace and access cover
  • Cover for listed properties in the UK
  • Commercial Guest extension, including Employers’ Liability cover, loss of hiring fees and alternative accommodation
  • Overseas properties owned by UK nationals
  • Other liabilities, such as injury to tenants while using your holiday home

We also have claims experts on-hand when you need it most, to provide guidance and to liaise with insurers on getting claims settled quickly and efficiently.

Why is holiday home insurance important?

Insuring a holiday home requires the right level of cover. A standard home insurance policy is not sufficient for holiday properties. For example, your property could remain unoccupied for longer periods, or run the risk of damage or theft from holidaymakers when you let it out. These risks aren’t covered by standard home insurance.

That’s why Bollington will work with you to search for the right insurance to meet your needs. We can help you find the right product from our panel of insurers, at a competitive price.

What types of property are considered holiday homes?

There are numerous types of property that can be classified as holiday homes. Bollington provides cover for:

  • Cottages
  • Flats and apartments
  • Wooden lodges
  • Static caravans
  • Barn conversions
  • Country houses
  • Other property types – just ask us

Additionally, we can also look to source cover for property with distinctive or unusual features, including:

  • Thatched roof
  • Hot tub
  • Swimming pool
  • Log burning fires and open fires
  • Property accessed via interconnecting doors

Give us a call and let us know what type of property you have and where it’s located, and we’ll see if we can source a quote from our panel of quality insurers.

How does holiday home insurance work?

Holiday home insurance – much like insurance for your own home – can cover the building, its contents, or both.

Holiday home insurance specifically covers your property for things like accidental or malicious damage, flood, storm damage, escape of water, or fire.

While these are things a standard home or landlord insurance policy also cover, they won’t normally cover a holiday home or holiday let. That’s because holiday homes have additional risks, including periods of inoccupancy or theft by holidaymakers.

So, while holiday home insurance works the same way as standard home insurance, it’s especially designed to offer the protection needed for holiday properties.

Am I eligible for holiday home insurance?

 If you own a holiday property that meets the property criteria listed above, then you can ask Bollington for a personalised quote for holiday home insurance.

How do I get insured / How do I get a quote?

You’ll find getting a quote a simple and straightforward process.

As quotes are personal to you and your property, we’re here to provide guidance about the insurance you need and offer the best value insurance we can to meet those needs.

Do you cover Airbnb rentals?

While Airbnb’s ‘Host Guarantee’ provides some cover, it does provide cover for cash, securities, personal injury and property damage claims from third parties.  All of these are real and obvious risks when renting property via Airbnb, or other short-stay rental platforms.

We provide specialist covers for Airbnb and similar rental apps that add protection for these risks.

Can I get holiday home insurance on a property overseas?

Yes – if you are a UK national, Bollington can help you cover overseas holiday homes.

Why choose Bollington?

Bollington has been insuring personal and business properties since 1973. We have time-honoured experience of the risks you face owning a holiday home. As a result, we’ve got access to quality products from a range of leading insurers – including Hiscox and our own insurer, Holava Underwriting, amongst others.

What our customers are saying...