What is Gas Fitter Insurance?
As a gas fitter you could be tackling an elderly boiler one day and installing the latest push-fit pipework the next. With so much variety your gas fitter insurance needs to allow for every eventuality. Gallagher’s business insurance team will work with you to understand your business and find the most appropriate policy to suit your needs.
What to consider
Having own public liability cover is especially important. It’s a wise type of cover to have to protect your business against injury to members of the public and damage to any property that is associated with your work – even though it is not legally required. Employers’ liability is required by law if you have employees. And of course it’s important to ensure that your essential and expensive gear, including tools, equipment and plant, are protected from theft, loss or damage. Equally important are your vehicles, because this is a business in which mobility is always required.
What your gas fitter insurance cover can include
- Public liability
- Employers’ liability
- Tools & equipment
- Professional indemnity insurance – useful if you carry out any design and construction work
- Vehicle cover – or fleet cover if you run three or more vehicles
- Contractor’s all risks cover
- Contract works
- Hired in plant
- Own plant
- Directors and Officers policies can be provided for those operating limited companies. This is important to help protect against claims made against you personally as a director or senior manager of the business.
- Personal accident insurance – particularly important because of the inherent risks of gas fitting work
How do I arrange Gas Fitter insurance?
It’s easy to arrange cover with us. Simply:
- Call us on 01625 400206 for immediate assistance. We’re open Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Arrange a call back – and a member of our friendly team will give you a call at a time to suit you
Get a Quote
Call or click to start your gas fitters insurance quote. And if you need instant cover, just ask.
With you all the way
We want you to stay insured with Gallagher long term, so we’ll be there for you whenever you need advice, a change of policy, additional cover – whatever it takes to help your business thrive.
Call us on 01625 400206
Monday-Friday: 8:30am – 5:30pm