Our best prices available over the phone

Opening Hours

Motor Trade Road Risks, Commercial Vehicle
Monday-Friday: 8:30am-6:30pm
Saturday: 9am-1pm

Taxi Insurance
Monday-Friday: 9am-5:30pm
Saturday: 9am-1pm

Motor Trade Combined, Personal Lines, Business
Monday-Friday: 8:30am-5:30pm

Commercial Lines, Care & Charity Insurance, Risk Management
Monday-Friday: 9am-5:30pm

Contact Us Details

Please select the department you would like to contact for their details:


Apologies, we are currently experiencing a temporary connection problem with our phone lines at our Altrincham office. Please call 01625 854300 if you require assistance.















23rd December

24th December

25th December

26th December

27th December

28th December

29th December

30th December

31st December

1st January

2nd January

3rd January

Opening Hours












Return to normal working hours


What is expat landlord insurance?

If you live overseas but own and rent out property in the UK, you will need insurance to cover your buildings and contents.

This is where expat landlord insurance comes in. With more people retiring and living outside the UK, for example, renting property has become more popular in recent years. This allows people to get extra retirement income while not having to sell property.

Even if you are temporarily overseas, you can still get landlord insurance to cover UK property.

Cover for all types of property

Residential or commercial property considered

A range of insurers

Get expert advice from our professional team. They will help you choose the right cover for your needs

Multiple properties in one policy

More than one property? Combine both residential and commercial policy with our exclusive scheme

Who can get expat landlord insurance?

UK nationals who now live overseas can get landlord insurance. However, you must have an address registered within the UK for correspondence. This must be somebody with a financial interest in the property, or a property management company.

We cannot offer landlord insurance without initially speaking to the owner of the property.

The property needs to be inspected on a regular basis for cover to remain in place.

I am not a UK national but own property in the UK – can I get overseas landlord insurance?

Yes. As with expat landlord insurance, we will need to speak to you before offering cover. You must also have a correspondence address within the UK – whether that is somebody with a financial interest in the property, or a property management company.

Can I get overseas landlord insurance for more than one property?

Yes, it is possible to insure multiple properties. Please ask us for details when you get a quote.

What benefits do I get with property owners' insurance?

Access a range of insurers and our own exclusive scheme, with benefits including:

  • Up to £10,000,000 buildings, loss of rent and content cover per location
  • Contents cover (if required)
  • Properties undergoing repair or renovations can be covered
  • Unoccupied properties – Residential and commercial
  • Multiple parties renting space in a single property
  • Residential properties with tenants including students, DSS, asylum seekers etc.

"The customer care is second to none it's a shame there's not more company's who value there customers like Bollington do. Nothing is ever an issue and any problems that may arise are always sorted, not that I've ever had any issues"

William Bennet

Get a quote over the phone

Speak to an expert, call 01625 855032

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Are there different levels of property insurance?

    With buildings insurance, you will need to know the rebuild cost of the properties you insure. You will also need to value any contents you wish to cover. You can pick and choose whether you want buildings and contents cover for one property and only buildings cover for another, for example. These factors will help to determine how much insurance cover you need, and the cost of cover.
  2. Can I combine personally owned property with company-owned or partnership-owned properties?

    It is not possible to combine property with different ownership under one policy, though you can combine commercial and residential property in one policy if the ownership is the same.
  3. What is property owners’ insurance?

    Property owners’ insurance provides cover for commercial or residential property. To make life easier, you can combine both types of property in one policy. You will normally arrange cover for your buildings and can add contents cover, too. Property owners' insurance makes it cheaper and easier to look after your policy. Instead of insuring individual properties, you can add them all to one policy. Generally, the more properties you add, the cheaper it is to get cover for each one.
  4. What is property owners’ liability cover?

    Property owners’ liability cover combines employers’ liability and public liability cover for property owners. This protects you against claims made by employees or members of the public for alleged injuries. In the event of injury to a tenant or a visitor to your property, for example, your property owners’ liability policy can be called upon.
  5. What happens if I run my own business from a property?

    If you own a property and run a business from it, you can get commercial combined insurance cover for both your business and your property. Contact us for more details.