What is Builders Insurance?
Building is a business that leaves no doubt about the need for insurance considerations. It can be hazardous at times and uses truckloads of expensive materials and equipment. It’s also vulnerable to the weather and other factors beyond anyone’s control. Talk to the business insurance team at Gallagher and they’ll put together a quotation for you.
Covers to suit Builders
For anyone in the construction industry, public liability (PL) insurance should be considered even though it is not a legal obligation. You are unlikely to win a big contract without showing your PL cover. Cover for your tools, equipment and vehicles is also crucial to consider, as is protection for the plant you use, whether it’s your own or hired. Personal accident insurance is particularly advisable because of the inherent risks of building work. And you are likely to need employers’ liability cover – it’s obligatory in many cases, even if you employ just a single member of staff or carry out work with contractors.
What your builder insurance cover can include
- Public liability
- Employers’ liability
- Tools & equipment.
- Vehicle cover – or fleet cover if you run three or more vehicles
- Contractor’s all risks cover
- Contract works
- Hired in plant
- Own plant
- Directors’ and Officers’ policies can be provided for those operating limited companies. This is important to help protect against claims made against you personally as a director or senior manager of the business.
- Personal accident insurance – particularly important because of the inherent risks of building work
How do I arrange Builders insurance?
It’s easy to arrange cover with us. Simply:
- Call us on 01625 400206 for immediate assistance. We’re open Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Arrange a call back – and a member of our friendly team will give you a call at a time to suit you
Get a Quote
Call or click to start your builders insurance quote. And if you need instant cover, just ask.
With you all the way
We want you to stay insured with Gallagher long term, so we’ll be there for you whenever you need advice, a change of policy, additional cover – whatever it takes to help your business thrive.
Call us on 01625 400206
Monday-Friday: 8:30am – 5:30pm