Business Interruption Insurance
When considering business interruption insurance ask yourself one simple question. How long could you survive with no money coming in? Every business is unique, so at Gallagher will work with you to assess your risk levels and advise whether business interruption cover is a worthwhile addition to your business insurance package – and which of the many types of policy is most suitable. Rest assured that we will never recommend business interruption cover unless it is suitable for your business.
Why you may need loss of income insurance
Business Interruption insurance provides protection against a business being temporarily closed or curtailed because of unexpected incidents such as fire and flood. Some policies may also cover you for a major equipment breakdown. You may believe that building insurance is sufficient, but this may only cover the cost of repair or remedial work if your premises are unusable for a while. Only specialist business interruption insurance can provide cover for loss of income if you are unable to trade, or cannot trade normally, or need alternative premises.
What your business interruption policy may include
- Business advisers/consultants
- Full Business Interruption – covers loss of ‘gross profit’ following a business interruption or loss of turnover
- Increased Cost of Working (ICOW) is suitable for businesses that can relocate and carry on with something close to business as usual, but may incur some extra costs in doing so
- Additional Increased Cost of Working can cover additional expenses such as contracting out work to continue serving customers, or the cost of extra advertising to inform customers about temporary premises or trading arrangements
How long for your indemnity period?
Business Interruption policies with different indemnity periods are available, ranging from 9 months to 48 months. Other factors that may demand a longer period include:
- If your business is seasonal
- The need to get planning permission before premises can be rebuilt
- Long lead times for replacing specialist equipment
Want to know more?
- Call us on 01625 400 206 for instant, expert advice
- Arrange a call back from one of our friendly team at at time that suits you
Get a Quote
Call to start your business interruption insurance quote. And if you need instant cover, just ask.
With you all the way
We want you to stay insured with Gallagher long term, so we’ll be there for you whenever you need advice, a change of policy, additional cover – whatever it takes to help your business thrive.
Call us on 01625 400206
Monday-Friday: 8:30am – 5:30pm