What is Office Insurance?
Do I need office insurance? It is recommended is the answer if you run any kind of business from office premises away from your home. What is office insurance? That depends on your business: a wide range of covers can be included, and Gallagher team will help in finding you appropriate covers for your requirements.
What business insurance do I need?
Ask Gallagher to quote for office insurance and the first thing we’ll do is assess what you need. To us, every business is unique, but here are some of the covers we are likely to recommend.
- Buildings insurance: Office premises need to be insured against risks including flood and fire. If you rent the premises this may be covered under your landlord’s insurance, but if you own the property it will be your responsibility. Check with your landlord to avoid paying for office cover you don’t need.
- Contents insurance: Most offices are full of important items such as files, stock, stationery and equipment, much of it expensive or impossible to replace. That’s why, just like your home, your office requires the suitable level of contents insurance to make sure valuable assets are covered against damage, destruction, loss or theft. It’s recommended to accurately estimate the value of your office contents, otherwise you won’t be adequately insured, placing your business in danger.
- Fixtures and fittings cover: This is separate from contents cover, because business insurance policies make a clear distinction between contents and fixed items or furnishings, such as sales counters, kitchen units or appliances, shelves and carpets.
- Shop front cover: If your office doubles as retail premises and has an exposed shop front, you can also add specific cover including items such as windows, signage and awnings.
- Stock cover: If you keep any stock in the office, your Gallagher advisor will ask you to identify it, because this needs to be insured separately from the office contents.
How do I take out office insurance?
Simply talk to Gallagher. You can be confident of having the appropriate cover for both your business and your premises.
Got a question?
Q: What other types of cover does my business need?
A: Aside from your office and its contents, fixtures and fitting, your business requires protection for your employees, including business interruption, professional indemnity, public liability and employers’ liability cover (All with link to relevant section of website)
Q: How much is business insurance?
A: There’s no such thing as a typical office insurance policy in terms of cover or cost. What matters is to get suitable types and levels of cover to protect your business adequately.
Get a Quote
Call or click to start your office insurance quote. And if you need instant cover, just ask.
With you all the way
We want you to stay insured with Gallagher long term, so we’ll be there for you whenever you need advice, a change of policy, additional cover – whatever it takes to help your business thrive.
Call us on 01625 400206
Monday-Friday: 8:30am – 5:30pm