Opening Hours

Motor Trade Road Risks, Commercial Vehicle
Monday-Friday: 8:30am-6:00pm
Saturday: 9am-1pm

Taxi Insurance
Monday-Friday: 9am-5:30pm
Saturday: 9am-1pm

Motor Trade Combined, Personal Lines, Business
Monday-Friday: 8:30am-5:30pm

Commercial Lines, Care & Charity Insurance, Risk Management
Monday-Friday: 9am-5:30pm

Contact Us Details

Please select the department you would like to contact for their details:


Apologies, we are currently experiencing a temporary connection problem with our phone lines at our Altrincham office. Please call 01625 854300 if you require assistance.















23rd December

24th December

25th December

26th December

27th December

28th December

29th December

30th December

31st December

1st January

2nd January

3rd January

Opening Hours












Return to normal working hours

What is commercial property insurance?

Commercial property insurance covers buildings that are bought and/or let for business use. This could be anything from a coffee shop or bar to a retail park; or a small office through to a multiple office complex.

This specialist insurance caters for a wide range of property owners and property developers.

Our Gallagher team can help you cover many types and sizes of commercial property, for commercial landlords and developers across the country.

What does commercial property insurance cover?

With commercial property insurance, you can get cover for:

  • Buildings only cover or combined buildings and contents
  • Properties undergoing repair or renovations
  • Unoccupied property
  • Multiple parties renting space in a single property
  • Buildings of standard and non-standard construction
  • Property owners’ liability – cover against claims of alleged injury from members of the public while in or around property that you own
  • Employers’ liability cover – legally required protection against claims of alleged injury from employees of your business

You can also benefit from combining multiple properties on one policy. This can include a mix of residential and commercial property, owned either individually or by a company.

Who needs commercial property insurance?

Anybody who owns buildings used for commercial business will require cover for their premises, employees and public liability.

Whether it is your business, or you let the building to another third-party business, it is a business premise and requires the right level of insurance cover.

Gallagher can provide insurance policies for one property or several commercial properties, whatever the value of the property to be covered.

Each property is unique, so we will tailor your insurance quote to meet your specific needs.

We can offer quotes for 10 or fewer properties, though there is no limit to the number of properties we can consider for cover.

What types of business are covered under commercial property insurance?

There are a wide range of businesses that commercial property may be let to, included (but not limited to):

  • Offices
  • School nurseries
  • Pubs
  • Bars
  • Restaurants
  • Shops and retailers
  • Warehouses
  • Manufacturing
  • Vehicle dealers
  • Vehicle service and repair centres
  • Leisure facilities
  • Cinemas
  • Garden centres

Am I eligible for commercial property owners’ insurance?

If you own suitable property that is let for business use, then you can request a quote for your property. This can include cover for your premises, employees and members of the public, giving you appropriate cover needed for your buildings.

How do I get insured?

Getting in touch is easy.  Speak with an adviser on 0161 929 1851 for an insurance quote for your property. We can offer quotes on suitable levels of cover required.

Need cover for non-commercial property?

Gallagher covers both residential and commercial property.  Our residential landlord policies cover most properties ranging from a single buy-to-let home to a mix of flats, HMOs, and non-standard construction properties in one policy.

Don’t forget that we can also combine commercial and residential property in one policy if required.

Why choose Gallagher?

Gallagher has been insuring commercial property for many years.

Benefits of Commercial Landlord Insurance

  • Buildings only cover or combined buildings and contents cover
  • Up to £10,000,000 buildings, loss of rent and content cover per location
  • Properties undergoing repair or renovations can be covered
  • Unoccupied properties – Commercial and Residential – covered
  • Multiple parties renting space in a single property

Get your commercial property insurance quote over the phone

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Are there different levels of property insurance?

    With buildings insurance, you will need to know the rebuild cost of the properties you insure. You will also need to value any contents you wish to cover. You can pick and choose whether you want buildings and contents cover for one property and only buildings cover for another, for example. These factors will help to determine how much insurance cover you need, and the cost of cover.
  2. Can I combine personally owned property with company-owned or partnership-owned properties?

    It is not possible to combine property with different ownership under one policy, though you can combine commercial and residential property in one policy if the ownership is the same.
  3. Can I get residential property owners’ insurance?

    Yes – if you only have residential property, we can cover this for you with residential property owners’ insurance. We provide cover from a single buy-to-let property to a large portfolio – all in one policy.
  4. What happens if I run my own business from a property?

    If you own a property and run a business from it, you can get commercial combined insurance cover for both your business and your property. Contact us for more details.
  5. What property can be covered under a property owners’ insurance policy?

    Property can include everything from storage units to warehouses, factories to shops and offices. Even more unusual properties such as churches or a chapel of rest can be covered – just ask us for a quote and we’ll do the rest.

Please note that these Frequently Asked Questions are not a substitute for the policy wording.

What our customers are saying