Opening Hours

Motor Trade Road Risks, Commercial Vehicle
Monday-Friday: 8:30am-6:00pm
Saturday: 9am-1pm

Taxi Insurance
Monday-Friday: 9am-5:30pm
Saturday: 9am-1pm

Motor Trade Combined, Personal Lines, Business
Monday-Friday: 8:30am-5:30pm

Commercial Lines, Care & Charity Insurance, Risk Management
Monday-Friday: 9am-5:30pm

Contact Us Details

Please select the department you would like to contact for their details:


Apologies, we are currently experiencing a temporary connection problem with our phone lines at our Altrincham office. Please call 01625 854300 if you require assistance.















23rd December

24th December

25th December

26th December

27th December

28th December

29th December

30th December

31st December

1st January

2nd January

3rd January

Opening Hours












Return to normal working hours

What is HMO Landlord Insurance?

Homes of multiple occupancy – or HMOs – bring together several tenants in one property. As a landlord, you require insurance for your buildings to run an HMO. You might also consider cover for your contents (including carpets and furnishings).

HMO property insurance also includes property owners’ liability cover. If there is a claim for alleged injury from a third party at your property, this cover provides valuable protection. You can also get employers' liabilty cover, for claims from any direct employees you have in relation to your work.

Bollington goes the extra mile to help HMO property owners. We can cover a range of tenants in your HMO, including DSS, students, asylum seekers and professionals. You can add multiple HMOs to one policy. And our cover offers up to £10m buildings, contents and loss of rent cover per location – ample cover for most landlords.

Get an instant quote over the phone for up to 10 properties

It’s quick and easy to get a property owners’ insurance quote with Bollington

Exclusive cover to Bollington

With up to £10m buildings, contents and loss of rent cover per location

Easily add or remove property from your policy

Just call our specialist team and we’ll do the rest

What do I need to consider when getting HMO landlord insurance?

In addition to knowing who will be tenanting the property, there are some considerations you need to make. Insurers are not happy with cooking equipment in individual rooms – they like to see cooking equipment confined to the kitchen.

There are also strict health and safety requirements. Gas Safe certificates are mandatory by law. Fire extinguishers must be available throughout the property. Electrical inspections – while not yet a legal requirement – are highly advised.

Do you cover properties converted to HMOs?

Yes, this is quite common. Formerly large family properties such as Victorian houses that have been converted into HMOs are covered by our HMO insurance.

Can I cover non-HMO properties on the same policy?

With Bollington, you can cover both residential and commercial property on one policy. This makes it easy to add buy-to-let, HMO and shops in your name in one policy.

It’s also easy to add or remove properties from your policy. Simply call us to arrange this.

How soon can I get a quote?

Our turnaround on quotes is quick. With access to our exclusive scheme, we can sometimes offer immediate quotes and cover over the phone, dependent on the property you are covering.

Get in touch with us for advice or further information.

Access a range of insurers and our own exclusive scheme, with benefits including:

  • Buildings only cover or combined buildings and contents cover
  • Up to £10,000,000 buildings, loss of rent and content cover per location
  • All types of tenants considered
  • Multiple parties renting space in a single property
  • Non-standard construction considered
  • Combine other landlord properties in one policy

"The customer care is second to none it’s a shame there’s not more company’s who value there customers like Bollington do. Nothing is ever an issue and any problems that may arise are always sorted, not that I’ve ever had any issues"

William Bennet

Get a quote over the phone

Speak to an expert, call 01625 854123

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Are there different levels of property insurance?

    With buildings insurance, you will need to know the rebuild cost of the properties you insure. You will also need to value any contents you wish to cover. You can pick and choose whether you want buildings and contents cover for one property and only buildings cover for another, for example. These factors will help to determine how much insurance cover you need, and the cost of cover.
  2. Can I combine personally owned property with company-owned or partnership-owned properties?

    It is not possible to combine property with different ownership under one policy, though you can combine commercial and residential property in one policy if the ownership is the same.
  3. Can I get residential property owners’ insurance?

    Yes – if you only have residential property, we can cover this for you with residential property owners’ insurance. We provide cover from a single buy-to-let property to a large portfolio – all in one policy.
  4. What happens if I run my own business from a property?

    If you own a property and run a business from it, you can get commercial combined insurance cover for both your business and your property. Contact us for more details.
  5. What is property owners’ insurance?

    Property owners’ insurance provides cover for commercial or residential property. To make life easier, you can combine both types of property in one policy. You will normally arrange cover for your buildings and can add contents cover, too. Property owners' insurance makes it cheaper and easier to look after your policy. Instead of insuring individual properties, you can add them all to one policy. Generally, the more properties you add, the cheaper it is to get cover for each one.
  6. What is property owners’ liability cover?

    Property owners’ liability cover combines employers’ liability and public liability cover for property owners. This protects you against claims made by employees or members of the public for alleged injuries. In the event of injury to a tenant or a visitor to your property, for example, your property owners’ liability policy can be called upon.
  7. What property can be covered under a property owners’ insurance policy?

    Property can include everything from storage units to warehouses, factories to shops and offices. Even more unusual properties such as churches or a chapel of rest can be covered – just ask us for a quote and we’ll do the rest.

Please note that these Frequently Asked Questions are not a substitute for the policy wording.