What is group private medical insurance?
Group private medical insurance (PMI) – also known as private health insurance – offers speedy access to private healthcare for employees of your business.
A Group PMI policy offers access to the services of private healthcare without your employees worrying about how they can afford to pay for it. It is a simple, affordable way for employees to get the medical treatment they require as quickly as possible.
There are many reasons why your employees might require medical treatment, ranging from mental health to physical injury and rehabilitation. Making sure they receive fast and effective treatment when they are ill offers them a faster route to recovery.
Giving employees peace of mind that they can get treatment for themselves (or their family) when they need it most is a genuine benefit that is highly valued. And when covering a group of employees, it can prove surprisingly cost-effective, too.
What is covered by private medical insurance?
Private medical insurance is generally designed to provide cover for acute medical conditions. These can include serious conditions such as cancer, stroke or heart disease, but will often exclude pre-existing conditions.
Comprehensive cover typically offers diagnosis, treatment and aftercare through private facilities for eligible medical conditions. Treatment and care cover does not cover diagnosis, but as the name suggests, provides the treatment and care required to manage a medical condition.
Individual cover for employees can be arranged, while couples or families can also be added to a policy (at cost to your employee if you so decide).
Policy coverage can vary depending on the insurer and level of cover selected. We can help you to decide the right level of cover for your employees, taking into account the range of medical conditions that may need to be covered.
Why do employees need private healthcare?
Private healthcare is the gateway to faster access to efficient treatment.
Your employees will benefit from specialist advice and support on a range of conditions, often without needing a GP referral first.
And where GP support is needed, with the leading private healthcare providers, same-day appointments (most often within 2 hours) via video consultation are commonplace. There’s also round-the-clock health advice available through helplines, and even rewards schemes with selected providers (offering discounted gym memberships, for example).
We will talk you through all of the options available in simple terms, so you are well informed when making a decision as to the individual covers you need and their cost.
Speedier access to healthcare for your employees
The NHS is resilient and has come into its own during the coronavirus outbreak. However, its limitations have also been exposed; it could be years before a ‘normal’ service resumes, with routine operations and care taken care of in a timely manner.
Waiting lists are only likely to increase further, with operations cancelled and treatment for even severe medical conditions such as cancer curtailed while the impact of coronavirus plays out.
Private clinics and hospitals, GPs, physiotherapists and other trained medical professionals working in private healthcare are generally in a better position to help people with day-to-day concerns, or more serious issues unrelated to coronavirus. This can help take the strain away from the NHS while offering your employees the best healthcare possible.
What are the benefits to your business?
- Active employees who are in good health are less likely to require time off work due to illness or injury.
- You can save your business money with a good Group PMI policy, reducing the cost of sick pay and increasing productivity through a healthier workforce.
- Costs per employee can be significantly lower than obtaining individual healthcare policies, with cover available as part of a Group PMI policy that might be difficult to obtain individually.
- Your workforce is likely to remain more engaged and loyal, continuing to work for you to take advantage of the useful benefits provided by PMI cover.
Why choose Bollington?
- Our qualified professionals have years of experience in providing both commercial and personal insurance policies to companies like yours.
- We have experts in the provision of Employee Benefits, including group PMI policies, ensuring you get the cover that you need to satisfy your business and its employees.
- As a broker, we have access to a range of different providers, so we can help to identify the right provider to perfectly fit your needs.
Whether you’re looking for the most affordable or most comprehensive cover, or want to be flexible in your offering, our service compares cover from the leading insurers to deliver a tailored package for your company.
How do I find out more about Group Private Medical Insurance?
Simply call us on 0161 929 1851 for a conversation about how we can help you find the right Group Private Medical insurance cover for your business.