When hunting for the perfect courier insurance policy, there are a number of dangers including companies that only offer the option of one insurer. You obviously want good value insurance and don’t want to be paying out for areas of cover you don’t require. More importantly, you don’t want to have an accident or injure a member of the public only to then discover that your insurance cover is lacking.
It is key to consider the following areas:
- Check how long your insurance broker has been in business. Bollington has been trading for more than forty years and has a breadth of experience and knowledge that newcomers simply won’t have.
- Ensure that the broker is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Make sure that you are not dealing with a company that will pester you with endless phone calls. If you choose a broker that only operates online, ensure that you will not be left without any support if you do have any other questions. Instead, choose a company that has long opening hours and can be reached easily should you have a last-minute query. Many online firms only deal with one insurer, which drastically limits your options in terms of coverage and price.
- Choose a genuine insurance broker that will provide you with a range of quotes by researching the market themselves and then making a single phone call to you, rather than opting for an online site that gives your personal details to a host of courier insurance companies.
In short, you can rest assured that you are getting what you need when you use an experienced insurance broker. They can provide the right coverage for your needs and will offer a far more personal service than those online sites that simply compare a range of quotes on your behalf.
In summary you will benefit extensively from an experienced insurance broker’s advice:
- Insurance brokers offer a tailored, personal service
- Experienced brokers are able to trawl a range of markets to find the best products for you
- You can benefit from better value than would be possible using a single insurer
- You can be confident that the support you need is there when it comes to altering your coverage or processing claims
- If you own a number of vehicles, you will be given the option to purchase courier fleet insurance, which could save you vast amounts of time and money in the future
- Brokers can offer you extras including Excess Protect – which allows you to increase the excess on your policy in order to keep costs down for a price as low as £35 a year – and AA breakdown cover
Here at Bollington we understand what couriers need, so call us today on 01625 348779, or fill out our online quote form for a quick quotation.