With 2018 well underway, stay abreast of upcoming important law developments to ensure that your organisation remains compliant:
- 1 April – Increases to National Minimum Wage (NMW) and National Living Wage (NLW): Both the NMW and the NLW are set to increase once again. You can review the new rates here.
- 4 April – Gender pay gap reporting: Your organisation is required to have your gender pay gap report published by this date, if you had at least 250 employees on 5 April 2017.
- 9 April – Increases to statutory rates and limits: Maternity allowance, statutory maternity pay, shared parental pay, paternity pay and adoption pay will increase to £145.18 per week. Statutory sick pay will increase to £92.05 per week.
- 25 May – GDPR comes into force: Your organisation faces severe fines up to €20 million (roughly £16 million) or 4 per cent of your global annual turnover, whichever is higher, if you are found to be non-compliant with the basic data processing principles. Review the ICO’s 12 steps to ensure that you’re properly prepared.
- Q3 and beyond: The Financial Conduct Authority is expected to release a policy statement on extending the senior managers and certification regime.