Helensburgh Indian restaurant closes after electrical fire

Helensburgh Indian restaurant closes after electrical fire

A popular restaurant in Argyll and Bute has been forced to close following a blaze at the premises.

Annaya's Indian Grillhouse in West Princes Street, Helensburgh was empty when an electrical fire broke out at around 12.30pm on Sunday (15 November), but six residents living in the block of flats above restaurant had to be evacuated. There were no casualties as a result of the incident but the Indian eatery has temporarily shut its doors to customers as it makes repairs to the site.

The restaurant will likely want to call upon its business insurance, with specific restaurant insurance policies in place to help see them through the incident. This insurance can include business interruption cover, which offers financial support if a business must close for an extended period of time due to fire damage.

According to the Helensburgh Advertiser, the fire broke out in the takeaway part of the restaurant. Zak Haider, owner of Annaya's, told the local paper that the restaurant was closed at the time of the fire and there were no staff at the premises.

He added: "We will give more information when we have it. We are definitely coming back, it’s just a matter of when. We just need to see how the assessors will state.

"If anyone wants to contact me, they can do so through our Facebook page, and we will also put updates on there regularly."