Our best prices available over the phone

Opening Hours

Motor Trade Road Risks, Commercial Vehicle
Monday-Friday: 8:30am-6:30pm
Saturday: 9am-1pm

Taxi Insurance
Monday-Friday: 9am-5:30pm
Saturday: 9am-1pm

Motor Trade Combined, Personal Lines, Business
Monday-Friday: 8:30am-5:30pm

Commercial Lines, Care & Charity Insurance, Risk Management
Monday-Friday: 9am-5:30pm

Contact Us Details

Please select the department you would like to contact for their details:


Apologies, we are currently experiencing a temporary connection problem with our phone lines at our Altrincham office. Please call 01625 854300 if you require assistance.















23rd December

24th December

25th December

26th December

27th December

28th December

29th December

30th December

31st December

1st January

2nd January

3rd January

Opening Hours












Return to normal working hours


What does insurance for a block of flats insurance cover?

As a leaseholder or freeholder for a block of flats, you will need to insure your buildings. There are risks of fire, flood, material damage and much more, affecting many people.

We cover converted houses or purpose-built blocks, from two flats or apartments upwards.

Insurance for your block of flats can cover buildings, contents, or both. Contents may include carpets and communal furnishings, for example.

Property owners’ liability - including public liability and employers' liability - is also part of the package. This protects against claims of alleged injury from tenants or visitors to the property. Employers' liability can cover caretakers or reception staff, for example.

If you act as a landlord for any flats, Bollington also offers landlord insurance cover.

All property types considered

Including converted homes and purpose-built blocks

Landlord insurance, with all tenants considered

DSS, students, asylum seekers and professionals

Professional risk management services available

Experts in assessing property risks and fire risk assessments

Are fire risks covered with block of flats insurance?

The tragic fire at Grenfell – and the recent fire at Bolton University – remind us that fire risks are high in flats.

Bollington covers the risk of fire if property owners adhere to strict health and safety standards. For example, fire extinguishers must be available on each stairway. Evacuation procedures must also be clearly notified.

Unlike many brokers, we offer specialist risk management advice, including fire risk assessments. This optional service can help you get insurance when you might otherwise struggle, or reduce the cost of your insurance premium.

The safety of tenants is of paramount importance. We help you to ensure your tenants are safe and the risks of damage to your property are minimised.

Is the law different in Scotland to the rest of the UK?

In England, Wales and Northern Ireland, property owners insure the whole building containing flats. The difference in Scotland is that you can get buildings cover for an individual flat.

For help and advice on the covers you might need for your individual circumstances, get in touch with us.

Are there extra benefits available with Bollington?

  • With Bollington, you’re covered for up to £10m buildings, contents and loss of rent per location.
  • Our brokers and underwriters offer quick quotes, cover and financing options.
  • With access to a range of insurers, we’ll find the best deal we can to meet your needs.
  • Our exclusive scheme property owners’ scheme covers property of all types.
  • Combine multiple properties – including commercial and residential buildings – in one policy. Help keep costs manageable and managing your portfolio easier.
  • Cover for buy-to-lets, commercial property, HMOs

"The customer care is second to none it’s a shame there’s not more company’s who value there customers like Bollington do. Nothing is ever an issue and any problems that may arise are always sorted, not that I’ve ever had any issues"

William Bennet

Get a quote over the phone

Speak to an expert, call 01625 577702

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Can I combine personally owned property with company-owned or partnership-owned properties?

    It is not possible to combine property with different ownership under one policy, though you can combine commercial and residential property in one policy if the ownership is the same.
  2. What is property owners’ insurance?

    Property owners’ insurance provides cover for commercial or residential property. To make life easier, you can combine both types of property in one policy. You will normally arrange cover for your buildings and can add contents cover, too. Property owners' insurance makes it cheaper and easier to look after your policy. Instead of insuring individual properties, you can add them all to one policy. Generally, the more properties you add, the cheaper it is to get cover for each one.
  3. Are there different levels of property insurance?

    With buildings insurance, you will need to know the rebuild cost of the properties you insure. You will also need to value any contents you wish to cover. You can pick and choose whether you want buildings and contents cover for one property and only buildings cover for another, for example. These factors will help to determine how much insurance cover you need, and the cost of cover.
  4. What is property owners’ liability cover?

    Property owners’ liability cover combines employers’ liability and public liability cover for property owners. This protects you against claims made by employees or members of the public for alleged injuries. In the event of injury to a tenant or a visitor to your property, for example, your property owners’ liability policy can be called upon.
  5. What happens if I run my own business from a property?

    If you own a property and run a business from it, you can get commercial combined insurance cover for both your business and your property. Contact us for more details.