Opening Hours

Motor Trade Road Risks, Commercial Vehicle
Monday-Friday: 8:30am-6:00pm
Saturday: 9am-1pm

Taxi Insurance
Monday-Friday: 9am-5:30pm
Saturday: 9am-1pm

Motor Trade Combined, Personal Lines, Business
Monday-Friday: 8:30am-5:30pm

Commercial Lines, Care & Charity Insurance, Risk Management
Monday-Friday: 9am-5:30pm

Contact Us Details

Please select the department you would like to contact for their details:


Apologies, we are currently experiencing a temporary connection problem with our phone lines at our Altrincham office. Please call 01625 854300 if you require assistance.















23rd December

24th December

25th December

26th December

27th December

28th December

29th December

30th December

31st December

1st January

2nd January

3rd January

Opening Hours












Return to normal working hours

What is student landlord insurance?

Many university towns and cities experience high demand for housing. This means letting to students makes sense. Yet not all insurers offer the cover you need - especially as your property may be unoccupied between term times.

That is why a student landlord insurance policy is important. You get cover for the greater perceived risks of students in your property while also getting cover during spells of unoccupancy between lets.

Bollington is one of the few insurance providers who makes this process seamless. Whether you have an individual property or a larger portfolio, Bollington can insure your residential property. It doesn’t matter who your tenants are – whether it’s students, professionals, DSS or asylum seekers.

We make it easy to manage your insurance arrangements. You don’t need a degree in maths to see it makes financial sense to take out property owners’ insurance with Bollington!

All property types considered

Including listed buildings, flat roofing, flood or subsidence risks

Get lower insurance premiums

We will look to beat genuine renewal quotes for buy-to-let cover

Quick quotes over the phone or next day

With access to our exclusive scheme

What does student landlord insurance cover?

Your student landlord insurance policy can cover buildings, contents and loss of rent. Accidental and malicious damage can be covered.

Property owners’ liability provides cover for any claims of injury or property damage from tenants, visitors to the property or employees.

If your property is unoccupied for an extended time – for example, at the end of one academic year leading into another – then our exclusive buy-to-let policy can provide cover.

What do I need to insure a student property?

You will need to know the valuation cost of the building and any contents you wish to insure. If you are unsure, the ABI Public Rebuild Calculator can help you with the valuation costs for the building.

Some insurers include carpets as part of buildings cover, while others cover them under contents. Consider the cost of replacing white goods, furniture and other electrical equipment. If you need to know the right level of contents cover, our experts can help you with this.

Can I insure multiple student let properties?

Yes. Bollington offer insurance for landlords with residential or commercial property to let, combining a range of properties all in one policy. Let us know where your properties are, what type of property you want to insure, and who your tenants are, and we’ll look to get you a competitive quote.

What does buildings insurance for unoccupied properties cover?

Access a range of insurers and our own exclusive scheme, with benefits including:

  • Buildings only cover or combined buildings and contents cover
  • Up to £10,000,000 buildings, loss of rent and content cover per location
  • Properties undergoing repair or renovations can be covered
  • Unoccupied properties – Commercial and Residential – covered
  • Multiple parties renting space in a single property
  • Residential properties with tenants including students, DSS, asylum seekers etc.

"The customer care is second to none it’s a shame there’s not more company’s who value there customers like Bollington do. Nothing is ever an issue and any problems that may arise are always sorted, not that I’ve ever had any issues"

William Bennet

Get a quote over the phone

Speak to an expert, call 01625 577702

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Can I combine personally owned property with company-owned or partnership-owned properties?

    It is not possible to combine property with different ownership under one policy, though you can combine commercial and residential property in one policy if the ownership is the same.
  2. What is property owners’ insurance?

    Property owners’ insurance provides cover for commercial or residential property. To make life easier, you can combine both types of property in one policy. You will normally arrange cover for your buildings and can add contents cover, too. Property owners' insurance makes it cheaper and easier to look after your policy. Instead of insuring individual properties, you can add them all to one policy. Generally, the more properties you add, the cheaper it is to get cover for each one.
  3. Are there different levels of property insurance?

    With buildings insurance, you will need to know the rebuild cost of the properties you insure. You will also need to value any contents you wish to cover. You can pick and choose whether you want buildings and contents cover for one property and only buildings cover for another, for example. These factors will help to determine how much insurance cover you need, and the cost of cover.
  4. What is property owners’ liability cover?

    Property owners’ liability cover combines employers’ liability and public liability cover for property owners. This protects you against claims made by employees or members of the public for alleged injuries. In the event of injury to a tenant or a visitor to your property, for example, your property owners’ liability policy can be called upon.
  5. What happens if I run my own business from a property?

    If you own a property and run a business from it, you can get commercial combined insurance cover for both your business and your property. Contact us for more details.

Please note that these Frequently Asked Questions are not a substitute for the policy wording.