The winter months bring more than just cold weather and shorter days—they also expose your organisation to seasonal health and safety hazards.
Five of the most common and costly of these risks are as follows:
1. Lower temperatures can impact an employee’s judgement and reflexes, which could impact productivity or lead to an injury and a liability claim.
2. Slips, trips and falls can seriously injure an employee or a passer-by, leaving your organisation exposed to liability claims.
3. Driving in inclement weather places your drivers at risk of accidents. If your driver is responsible for an accident, you could be held liable.
4. Colds and flus are common during the winter months and can drain your employees’ productivity.
5. Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) can cause your employees to feel lethargic, which drains their productivity and concentration.
Ensure your employees are safe this winter with expert help and advice from Bollington's risk management team.